[Intel-gfx] how to disable dpst on linux?

РоманМельник ruby.freeman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:36:56 CET 2012

Antti Koskipää <antti.koskipaa <at> linux.intel.com> writes:

> On 11/20/12 20:24, Роман Мельник wrote:
> > Good day!
> >
> > I've sent already mail, but got no response, so trying again.
> > Please advise how to disable dpst on linux? The module is i915. As I
> > see, windows driver has such checkbox for this. Can I do the same on linux?
>
> The linux driver does not support DPST at all.

But I definitely see that when the laptop works from battery, it changes
dynamically the contrast of the screen depends on what the summary brightness of
the screen (the more dark pixels - the more screen has less contrast). If this
is not DPST, so that what can it be and how to disable this? Thanks!!