[Intel-gfx] ironlake wierdness bisection result

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Sep 19 09:36:06 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 04:58:52PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay I spent today bisecting this and although I'm not 100% sure I got
> > it right the whole way down, I think where I landed seems sane, so I
> > said I'd share
> >
> > This seems to cause the blank rendering zones people have been reporting.
>
> Though I'm of course having trouble reproducing the pain now, so it
> might all be lies,
>
> but hey its a better starting point than none, any way it could make
> sense to be this commit?

Well, if we presume that something went wrong with relocs, the only thing
this patch might affect is gtt placement. But userspace shouldn't take
this path at all (at least if you're running anything remotely new). So I
really can't see what's going on here and how this changes things ...
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch