[Intel-gfx] xf86-video-intel-2.20.0: Option 'XvMC' does not work

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Sun Sep 23 07:14:57 CEST 2012

Hi,
I have a laptop with the Pineview GM chipset.
With the intel driver 2.20.0 I cannot enable anymore XvMC.
Normally I add in the device Section:
  Option "XvMC" "on"
and up to driver ver 2.19.0 in the X log file I find:

 (**) intel(0): Option "XvMC" "on"

 (**) intel(0): Intel XvMC decoder enabled
 (II) intel(0): [XvMC] i915_xvmc driver initialized.

But with driver 2.20.0 in log file I find:

 (==) intel(0): Intel XvMC decoder disabled
 (WW) intel(0): Option "XvMC" is not used

Looking in the source file I have found that in src/intel_option.c
and in src/intel_options.h the are some
  #ifdef INTEL_XVMC
statements.
When the source file intel_option.c is compiled the symbol INTEL_XVMC
is undefined but it is defined if intel.h is included.

I have added
  #include "intel.h"
before
  #include "intel_options.h"
in src/intel_options.c and recompiled the driver.

With that fix
  Option "XvMC" "on"
is working again.

Giacomo