[Intel-gfx] triple-buffering on Arrandale?

Charles G Waldman cgw at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 26 17:31:17 CEST 2012

 Hi.  I've got a Thinkpad X201 with Integrated Graphics Controller
(rev 02), Intel(R) Arrandale running Gentoo Linux.  The documentation
mentions       Option "TripleBuffer" "boolean"
but when I try to use this to control triple-buffering, the
Xorg.0.log shows
  (WW) intel(0): Option "TripleBuffer" is not used

This posting -  https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=149323

shows an Xorg.log, also with Arrandale,  with

  (**) intel(0): Triple buffering? enabled

which leaves me wondering as to the actual status of
triple-buffering with this driver and the differences
in log-file output.  I'm running x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.20.8