[Intel-gfx] GPU freeze on Kubuntu 12.10 system

bob295 icanprogram at 295.ca
Wed Apr 17 17:23:41 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:25:42AM -0400, icanprogram at 295.ca wrote:
> I'm new to your mailing list,  so I'm not sure exactly how to report this.
>
> My KDE system is quite flaky.    The Xorg.0.log and dmesg both are reporting
> that my GPU is hung out to dry.    I have other issues in KDE,  but I figure
> the first order of business is to get the GPU working correctly.
>
> I have attached the output from both dmesg and
> /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_error_state

You have the TLB invalidate bug that crept into v3.5. Fixes are in
progress for Ubuntu, but the easiest way to avoid the bug is to
upgrade to v3.8.

===

Apologies for messing up the threading by my digest mode.

Thanks for the speedy response.    How do I go about upgrading to v3.8?   It
wasn't clear from the website what to do.     Am I likely to encounter that
./configure problem I had with the intel-gpu-tools?

Thanks again in advance for your help.

bob