[Intel-gfx] i915 backlight

Josep Lladonosa jlladono at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:25:18 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am using a Lenovo Edge E530 and, with kernel 3.11.0-rc3, I had to
change to this parameter to the kernel boot:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=\"!Windows 2012\""

instead of previous

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor"

to be able to change brightness. In some kernel versions before, it
worked, but with 15 levels, but in graphical system brightness bar was
not moving.

Now I have, though, 8 possible values for brightness and brightness
bar shows its correct position.

Josep

On 2 August 2013 08:00, Aaron Lu <aaron.lu at intel.com> wrote:
> On 08/01/2013 04:07 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:16:52PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>>> Does reverting efaa14c help?
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> But see my other reply to Aaron.
>
> Assume you have specified to use intel_backlight in xorg.conf, does
> booting with video.brightness_switch_enabled=0 help?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron
> --

Salutacions...Josep