[Intel-gfx] Patches for performance improvement

Kannan, Vandana vandana.kannan at intel.com
Sun Aug 25 06:35:52 CEST 2013

Hi,

            For sprite performance improvement, instead of the patch "drm/i915: Don't wait for vblank for sprite plane flips", we made use of Chris Wilson's patches from "RFC asynchronous vblank tasks" and verified that it gives the expected performance boost.
            Chris's patches have not been merged yet, specifically,
            drm/i915: Introduce vblank work function
            drm/i915: Asynchronously unpin the old   framebuffer after the next vblank
            drm/i915/sprite: Make plane switching     asynchronous

            Will the updated patches for these be coming any time soon ? We require these patches as it gives us a very good performance improvement.
            Please let me know, I can verify with the updated patches.

Thanks,
Vandana