[Intel-gfx] [RFC 00/22] Gen7 batch buffer command parser

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Dec 11 19:46:11 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Volkin, Bradley D
<bradley.d.volkin at intel.com> wrote:
>> We unfortunately don't really have tons of spare cycles from our QA team
>> for testing branches (pretty much none actually), so the usual approach is
>> to review and merge patches without first going through QA. If we pull in
>> your new i-g-ts first we should have decent assurance that nothing blows
>> up. And since kernel patch series should always be fully bisectable we can
>> stop at any point in time if something goes wrong.
>
> Ok, sounds good. I'm fine with whatever approach gets us the test coverage soonest.

One thing that's always important is to get tangential prep work to
the beginning of your patch series as much as possible. That way we
can merge&test those glue patches (and their impact on the rest of the
driver) even when review is blocked on some contentious topic that
affects the core of a new feature.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch