[Intel-gfx] Patchwork for intel-gfx

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Tue Dec 17 10:30:33 CET 2013

Hi all,

Thanks to Carl Worth we now have a nice pachwork instance for intel-gfx:

http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/intel-gfx/list/

We also have a git hook for i-g-t, xf86-video-intel and my drm-intel
repo which will automatically set patches to "Accepted" when they're
merged.

I'll manually update the patch state when the automagic mode doesn't
work (e.g. when I apply a small fixup to the patch while merging).
Right now I think patchwork is a nice way for developers to keep track
of all their own patches. So if you want to use it please create an
account and then occasionally clean up all your old patches and put
them into "Rejected" or the "Superseeded" state.

I'm not sure whether patchwork is the right tool for assigning
reviewers (it has some features), so for now we'll keep the current
system.

I'll also be more lazy with sending out merge confirmations since
patchwork keeps track of that now. I'll still send replies when I frob
patches though.

Cheers, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch