[Intel-gfx] Sync the assembler with Mesa's opcode emission code

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Thu Feb 14 20:18:41 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 03:26:55PM +0000, Damien Lespiau wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Some time ago, Daniel mentioned merging the assembler into intel-gpu-tools to
> lower maintenance cost and have more eyes on the code.
>
> This series is the aftermath of that with an effort to sync the opcode emission
> from Mesa with the assembler. It's also available in my fdo i-g-t tree:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~damien/intel-gpu-tools/log/?h=wip/mesa-sync

I've asked Haihao if he could give a look at that branch and he kindly
tested it and found something in the xorg driver this new branch did not
generate as the old one did.

Turned out it was a gen7 shader still using a MRF register and I posted
a fix:
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2013-February/024728.html

With this fixed, I think the assembler is good to go and I've prepared
two branches (resolving a small conflict in configure.ac) by either
merging the branch in master or rebasing the whole assembler branch
(both keeping the whole history of the assembler):

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~damien/intel-gpu-tools/log/?h=assembler-merged

or

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~damien/intel-gpu-tools/log/?h=assembler-rebased

--