[Intel-gfx] Linux 3.10-rc7

Shuah Khan shuah.kh at samsung.com
Tue Jun 25 21:59:28 CEST 2013

On 06/25/2013 01:52 PM, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:37:37 +0200
> Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch> wrote:
>

>> Adding more lists to cc + Jesse since he's the guilty one for the
>> vt-switchless state restore stuff.
>
> Yeah, looks like we don't fetch the PLL state on resume from hibernate,
> leading to this warning.  The refcount is nonzero, indicating the pll
> is in use, but the active field is clear, which means we're missing an
> update somewhere.
>
> Shuah, just to confirm, does your resume actually work ok aside from
> the warning?  I *think* it's harmless in this case, but does indicate a
> real bug in our state tracking... trying to come up with a patch now.
>
> Thanks,

Resume works just fine. I see it take longer for it to suspend compared
to 3.9.7 and then resumes just fine. Suspend taking longer very well
could be because of this warn_on. Other than this warn_on I haven't
noticed any other problems.

-- Shuah

Shuah Khan, Linux Kernel Developer - Open Source Group Samsung Research
America (Silicon Valley) shuah.kh at samsung.com | (970) 672-0658