[Intel-gfx] Issue on Ubuntu UI bootup

Hegde, Vishwanath vishwanath.hegde at intel.com
Fri Jun 28 08:44:57 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have following issue, while trying to boot Ubuntu on a development system to Ubuntu UI. It boots to console terminal without any  issue. If "startx" is typed in the terminal then following error is encountered.

> > [  1902.327] (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
> > [  1902.332]
> > Fatal server error:
> > [  1902.332] no screens found
> > [  1902.332]
> > Please consult the X.Org Foundation support
> >      at http://wiki.x.org
> > for help.
> > [  1902.333] Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
> > [  1902.333]

The Xorg.0.log points the issue to
Xorg uses vesa driver and try to access to vesa bios (int10) function however driver cannot access to specific address :
(EE) VESA(0): V_BIOS address 0x2b0f0 out of range

But the GPU chipset on my development platform is not i915.

As it is more of a GPU related issue, so posting this query in this forum.

Thanks & Regards,
Vishwanath