[Intel-gfx] [pull] drm-intel-next

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Sun Mar 17 20:46:40 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:11 AM, Stéphane Marchesin
<stephane.marchesin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>       drm/i915: read out the modeset hw state at load and resume time
> This commit regresses modeset on the samsung series 5 chromebook (it
> is basically a pineview machine with an lvds panel). I don't seem to
> be able to set any mode on it any longer.

Does that mean the kernel refuses to set the mode, or that you get a
black screen?

For starters I guess we need:
- drm.debug=0xe dmesg from just before that commit
- same for latest 3.9-rc kernels, presuming it's not broken there

Latest upstream has a minor chance to work better I think since we've
improved the pfit handling in the setup and teardown sequence a bit.

Generally lvds has been hit&miss on way too many machines
unfortunately with things randomly breaking and getting fixed again
(e.g. one of Chris' machines works again with the new code ...). And
the commit above doesn't really change much in the code itself but it
does change the order (and timing) of the different enable/disable
codepaths.

Thanks, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch