[Intel-gfx] More fastboot bits

Imre Deak imre.deak at intel.com
Wed Mar 20 13:15:32 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 13:31 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> This one adds some extra checks on top of Chris's last set:
>   - check for panel fit modes when inheriting from the BIOS
>   - update pfit state at pipe_set_base time

I missed this version of the patchset and reviewed the previous one :/
Sending it with a v2 subject prefix with a proper In-reply-to header
would've been nice, consider the high traffic on this list.

Some of the comments from that review are still valid, so I'll copy them
over.

> It also changes the mode set vs flip checking to include the non-fb case
> (e.g. if the BIOS fb was too small for the native mode), since we might
> still be able to flip in that case.
>
> Finally, it includes a clock_get routine for ilk+.  I'd appreciate if
> someone could test this out on a machine where VBIOS supports the native
> panel mode, so the kernel can boot from the boot loader in the native
> mode.  In that case, it should actually fastboot and avoid the whole
> mode set/panel power sequence.

My ilk doesn't seem to start with a native mode, so can't test it there.
Would it be possible to test this with reloading the module?

--Imre