[Intel-gfx] Clover Trail question...

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Mon May 6 17:49:16 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Niko! <nicola.ranaldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I'm a damned and fooled linux-only user with a fresh z2760 based
> tablet/netbook (samsung ativ 500t e.g. "FULL PC EXPERIENCE"!!!).
> Before I'll launch it over the window may you tell me if Intel is going to
> add linux support for it in the next months as for the clover trail +?
> Are there some underground hidden patches to build a working kernel? I do
> not need full esoteric drivers support with optimal power management just
> need to use the system as a classical netbook.
>
> I'll keep all the information you'll provide me higly confidential (but will
> understand if you'll answer me only partially).

a) I can't disclose confidential stuff, ever, so
b) always cc a mailing list when poking your maintainer, he's a lazy bastard ;-)

For your question: This is a poulsbo/gma500 based thing, so no real
linux support from Intel's open source group. There's the gma500
driver in the kernel, but that one only supports kms and no
accelaration. Or you can frustrate yourself with the blob.

I recommend to return that thing and either wait for a baytrail (real
linux support there) or buy a cheap non-atom core with intel hd
graphics.

Cheers, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch