[Intel-gfx] [pull] drm-intel-fixes

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed May 22 09:13:06 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Stéphane Marchesin
<stephane.marchesin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> You're pull just reminded me that I've been sitting on a few small -fixes,
>> too. Nothing really major at all:
>> - fixup edp setup sequence (Dave)
>> - disable sdvo hotplug for real, this is a fixup for a messed-up
>>   regression fixer (Jani)
>> - don't expose dysfunctional backlight driver (Jani)
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> This change ("don't expose dysfunctional backlight driver") regresses
> the backlight on Chromebooks, where we don't run the vbios.

Presuming the patch works as advertised it only stops publishing an
intel backlight driver which won't work. How does that break stuff?

Or do you somehow update the max blc stuff only once i915.ko is loaded?

I'm decently confused how that one blows up ...

Yours, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch