[Intel-gfx] display problems since: drm/i915/dp: workaround BIOS eDP bpp clamping issue

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Nov 1 23:18:40 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez at opensuse.org> wrote:
> El 01/11/13 17:20, Daniel Vetter escribió:
>> Ok, gpu hang. Unfortunately this particular kernel doesn't bother to
>> dump the hang state in this case, so can you please test with the
>> latest drm-intel-nightly branch from
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel/
>>
>> Dmesg should politely tell you to grab a file from sysfs once the gpu
>> ring is stuck again, please attach that.
>>
>> Thanks, Daniel
>>

> OK, I merged drm-intel-nightly and the GPU no longer hangs, there is no
> error in the logs, used it for a around 10/15 minutes with no issue,
> previously it was just a matter of opening chromium with a youtube video to
> get the hang 100% of the time.

Wut, that was not the expected response. Just to check: You didn't
upgrade any userspace drivers at the same time?

Otherwise can you please attempt a reverse bisect so that we can find
out which patch to backport to stable kernels?

Thanks, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch