[Intel-gfx] display problems since: drm/i915/dp: workaround BIOS eDP bpp clamping issue

Cristian Rodríguez crrodriguez at opensuse.org
Mon Nov 4 16:30:42 CET 2013

El 01/11/13 22:18, Daniel Vetter escribió:
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
> <crrodriguez at opensuse.org> wrote:
>> El 01/11/13 17:20, Daniel Vetter escribió:
>>> Ok, gpu hang. Unfortunately this particular kernel doesn't bother to
>>> dump the hang state in this case, so can you please test with the
>>> latest drm-intel-nightly branch from
>>>
>>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel/
>>>
>>> Dmesg should politely tell you to grab a file from sysfs once the gpu
>>> ring is stuck again, please attach that.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Daniel
>>>

>> OK, I merged drm-intel-nightly and the GPU no longer hangs, there is no
>> error in the logs, used it for a around 10/15 minutes with no issue,
>> previously it was just a matter of opening chromium with a youtube video to
>> get the hang 100% of the time.
>
> Wut, that was not the expected response. Just to check: You didn't
> upgrade any userspace drivers at the same time?
>
> Otherwise can you please attempt a reverse bisect so that we can find
> out which patch to backport to stable kernels?
>
> Thanks, Daniel

Ok, got it to hang again today after a few days with no problem.. wow,
weird misbehavior! with latest drm-intel-nightly merged, attached is the
dmesg output plus the saved error log from /sys/class/drm/card0/error

--
"Judging by their response, the meanest thing you can do to people on
the Internet is to give them really good software for free". - Anil Dash