[Intel-gfx] v3.12 does not work on ByT-I

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at intel.com
Thu Nov 7 13:30:34 CET 2013

On 07/11/2013 13:23, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> Anyway, I've bisected it, and found out that this commit fixes our
> problem:
>
> 0b6279520519 drm/i915/vlv: re-enable hotplug detect based probing on VLV/BYT
>
> Jesse, Daniel, any idea what is the issue and why this patch fixes it?
> The thing is that Tizen IVI boots to UI just fine with 3.12 plus this
> patch, while stock 3.12 does not work.
>
> We also have this bug-report about the problem:
> https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TIVI-2085
>
> Are OK sending this patch to GregKH / stable for 3.12.x inclusion?
Sure (although the drm-next tree hasn't been merged yet into Linus'
tree). When you send the mail to greg please alos include

533df0fecded drm/i915: vlv: fix VGA hotplug after modeset

in your stable backport request, it's the 2nd half of the fix.
-Daniel
Intel Semiconductor AG
Registered No. 020.30.913.786-7
Registered Office: World Trade Center, Leutschenbachstrasse 95, 8050 Zurich, Switzerland