[Intel-gfx] v3.12 does not work on ByT-I

Jesse Barnes jesse.barnes at intel.com
Fri Nov 8 19:38:14 CET 2013

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 16:53:31 +0200
Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jesse for you answer, but it brought more questions.
>
> On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 08:04 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > Hm, I wonder if this bug is also related to the backlight stuff Jani
> > recently pushed fixes for.
>
> OK.
>
> >   It looks like you have an eDP panel here,
>
> No, we do not have it at all.
>
> > but if for some reason it got bounced between two CRTCs due to bad
> > detection on one, it could cause a blank screen issue.
>
> OK, not sure I understand what you mean, but yes, blank screen is
> something which we observe without your patch.

Ok if you do not have eDP then the panel power sequencing stuff I saw
in the log is being done unnecessarily.  Ville has some patches to
better detect eDP panels:

"drm/i915: Give names to the VBT child device type bits" on the mailing
list is the thread.

If you don't have eDP then the patches from Jani I pointed you at
shouldn't help.  Another one to make sure you have is:

ommit f60711666bcab6df2c6c91d851e07ed54088453c
Author: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org>
Date:   Tue Oct 1 10:41:38 2013 -0700

    i915/vlv: untangle integrated clock source handling v4

I don't know if that ended up in 3.12.x or not...

Jesse