[Intel-gfx] [GMA500/CDV] HDMI AVI infoframe code

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Nov 11 16:21:19 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Patrik Jakobsson
<patrik.r.jakobsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I've seen there are no real HDMI connectors on either Poulsbo or
> Cedarview. It's just DVI with HDMI connectors. Though you might know of other
> hardware that I don't.
>
> SDVO_CMD_GET_SUPP_ENCODE always fails on my SDVO chips so maybe that can be
> pulled out of the gma500 driver entirely. Or it can stay and be fixed
> if hardware exists.

You need special hdmi sdvo encoders - all the hdmi features are
optional and have been added in an update hdmi over sdvo spec. Note
that the sdvo hdmi code in i915 isn't too massively spec compliant
either since we fail to update the eld and a few related things.
Otherwise I'd have suggested to copypaste that ;-)
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch