[Intel-gfx] glamor and xvmc

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 11:40:06 CEST 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 03:15:13AM -0700, Grant wrote:
> How can I find out if I should enable glamor and xvmc on my Dell XPS
> 13 (1st gen) laptop?

Should? No. If it was essential, we would do so automatically and put up
big flashing neon warning signs if it failed.

With the exception of not having Xv (or XvMC) support enabled for glamor
in -intel, you can, at your own risk, enable glamor during configure
(./configure --enable-glamor) and then select it using
Section "Device"
   Identifier "Device0"
   Driver "intel"
   Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
EndSection

in either /etc/X11/xorg.conf or as a snippet
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/intel.conf