[Intel-gfx] latest intel driver on debian wheezy

orang Aumori Jepun mahu_berehat at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Oct 23 11:02:57 CEST 2013

Hi all.

I have an laptop pc using intel 830mg.
The standard repo's intel driver did not work for my pc.  i915.modeset=0 did not seem to work. Vesa driver works for some extent , but I don't like vesa driver. so I decided to use latest intel driver.

First , I got xf86-video-intel 2.99.902.

Then, I installed :
          build-essential
          xorg-dev
          bzip2
          linux-headers-3.2.0-4-all
          libdrm-intel1
          libdrm-dev
          libdrm2

And ,
       $ ./configure
       $ make
       $ make install

Compiling & installing seemed to be OK.

The driver was installed in  /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers .
so i added to xorg.conf :
      Section "Files"
             ModulePath "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers"
      EndSection

      Section "Device"
           Identifier "Intel 830M"
           Driver "intel"
           VideoRam 47000
           BusID  "PCI:00:02.0"
      EndSection

But driver did not seem to work("i810", "intelfb" neither).
(Now i noticed that i had to add default xorg driver path to "ModulePath")

And , what am I missing to get latest intel driver to work?

TIA.