[Intel-gfx] 3.14 kills i810 with xf86-video-intel

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Wed Apr 2 17:41:49 CEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 02.04.2014 15:53, schrieb Daniel Vetter:
>> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Tobias Powalowski
>> <tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b30324adaf8d2e5950a602bde63030d15a61826f
>>> kills my i810 card with 3.14 and Xorg.
>>> Any solution for this?
>> This driver doesn't bind agains an i810 card at all, so shouldn't have
>> any effect. Please attach Xorg.log and dmesg. And please cc relevant
>> mailing lists.
>> -Daniel
> Hi,
> attached dmesg and xorg log.

You indeed have a i810 chip and like predicted i915 doesn't even get
loaded on your system. Whatever it is that broke your system, it
really shouldn't be this patch.

Unfortunately the backtrace in the 3.14 Xorg.log aren't decoded
properly, please install debug symbols and grab a new Xorg.log with
that backtrace.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch