[Intel-gfx] 3.14 issue with i810 graphic card bisected

Tejun Heo tj at kernel.org
Fri Apr 18 22:38:25 CEST 2014

Hello,

Sorry about the long delay.

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 08:37:49AM +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi,
> I bisected a X startup crash due to new 3.14 kernel:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/fs/kernfs/file.c?id=9b2db6e1894577d48f4e290381bac6e573593838
> It's an old intel 810 graphics card which got broken.
> dmesg and xorg.log attached.

Hmm... I'm stumped.  The patch shouldn't cause any visible difference
to the userland.  I went over it a couple more times and still can't
see how this would make any difference.  Can you please do the
followings?

* Repeat the test on v3.14 with only the patch reverted.  If it makes
  the problem go away reliably,

* strace X startup on v3.14 and v3.14 sans the offending patch.

Thanks!

--
tejun