[Intel-gfx] [BUG?] 3.16-rc6 ... at drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_pm.c:5997 intel_display_power_put+0x12d/0x160()

Ian Kumlien ian.kumlien at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:28:16 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Imre Deak <imre.deak at intel.com> wrote:

[--8<--]

> Ok, I see the trace of suspend/resume now, but the bug has vanished.. I
> can't see the WARN backtrace in your original report, nor the debug
> message from the above fix, that would indicate that it had fixed
> anything ("VDD left on by BIOS, adjusting state tracking"). So I'm a bit
> lost, I would need a full dmesg with either the WARN or this debug
> message.

Well the bug seemed to be a unbalanced _put _get thing.

At least that's the impression i got when reading the code, so what i
did, which is part of the original patch, is to make sure that the
_put happens so that the "mode" isn't '0' and thus triggers a warn_on.

What we can say is that due to the patch you sent these are now
balanced in that code...

Actually reading the patches again i can't see how that happened, esp
without the debug message... I think I'll have to play some more with
this and get back to you when $clue has increased by at least one....
=)