[Intel-gfx] WARNING on i915 - intel_panel

Pedro Ribeiro pedrib at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 01:38:41 CEST 2014

On 2 June 2014 21:15, Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 May 2014 08:15, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Kern.log is attached, but as you can see it does not contain the same
>>> verbose drm debug information as dmesg... Should I just keep piping
>>> dmesg to a file and then cat it all together?
>>> I never really understood why there are so many logs: kern, messages,
>>> syslog, instead of a single central log.
>>
>> Indeed, that one isn't useful either :( Next idea: Increase the
>> in-kernel dmesg buffer size and hope it all fits with log_buf_size=4M
>> (on the kernel cmdline). Maybe you can go even higher, not sure.
>> -Daniel
>> --
>> Daniel Vetter
>> Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
>> +41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch
>
> Daniel, doesn't seem like that is working.
>
> I'll leave it be and try to test new kernels and see if it just goes
> away. I'll report back if it doesn't.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

Hi Daniel,

the problem is still there with the latest 3.14.14. But the good news
is that I have finally been able to get a full dmesg log!
Please find it attached. I hope this helps and let me know what else I
need to do to assist.

The log shows two hibernate-resume cycles, and you can see the bug
being triggered at line 4274. As I said previously this looks like it
doesn't affect the operation much, although it seems to happen very
frequently as I do more hibernate cycles.

PS: if I hibernate with a external monitor connected, and resume
without that monitor connected, will the kernel handle it correctly?

Regards,
Pedro