[Intel-gfx] [RFC] libdrm_intel: Optimize BO alloc to avoid rounding to bucket size

Arun Siluvery arun.siluvery at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 29 12:02:00 CEST 2014

This patch reworks BO allocation to avoid rounding up to bucket size.
Considering the current bucket sizes, certain BOs are allocated with
more than the requested size wasting significant memory and it adds to
the memory pressure on systems with low memory and in the worst case
killing the benchmark itself which is not a good user experience.

The data presented is the shmem usage obtained from an Android device;
I am sending this patch to get initial feedback from the community and
I can get similar benchmark data on linux.

I am keen to upstream this and would really appreciate if you can review
and provide any comments/suggestions.

Garry Lancaster (1):
  libdrm_intel: Rework BO allocs to avoid rounding up to bucket size

2.0.4