[Intel-gfx] [PULL] drm-intel-next

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Dec 1 23:36:04 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 11:02:59AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On 29 November 2014 at 00:22, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 02:30:45PM +0100, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> >> Hi Dave,
> >>
> >> As discussed on irc here's the slightly late (because our QA cycle was a
> >> bit misaligned) final feature pull request for 3.19. I have a few fixes to
> >> sort out in my 3.20 queue, so will send you one more pull request next
> >> week with those. Then I'll hand over to Jani.
> >>
> >> drm-intel-next-2014-11-21:
> >> - infoframe tracking (for fastboot) from Jesse
> >> - start of the dri1/ums support removal
> >> - vlv forcewake timeout fixes (Imre)
> >> - bunch of patches to polish the rps code (Imre) and improve it on bdw (Tom
> >>   O'Rourke)
> >> - on-demand pinning for execlist contexts
> >> - vlv/chv backlight improvements (Ville)
> >> - gen8+ render ctx w/a work from various people
> >> - skl edp programming (Satheeshakrishna et al.)
> >> - psr docbook (Rodrigo)
> >> - piles of little fixes and improvements all over, as usual
> >>

> Hey,
>
> You got dirty in my tree
>
>   CC [M]  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_debugfs.o
> /home/airlied/devel/kernel/drm-next/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_debugfs.c:
> In function ‘i915_dump_lrc’:
> /home/airlied/devel/kernel/drm-next/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_debugfs.c:1805:26:
> warning: ignoring return value of ‘i915_gem_obj_ggtt_pin’, declared
> with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
>      i915_gem_obj_ggtt_pin(ctx_obj,
>                           ^
>   CC [M]  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_cmd_parser.o
>
> more careful of dirty please.
>
> send me a fix on top of that next tree, I'm not waiting 2 weeks for QA :-)

Oh dang I've totally forgotten about that one, it's been around for soo
long :( Story is that while reviewing the fixup Chris&I realized that all
the tricky but damn important differences between pin_pages/pin_obj and
get_pages. And now the patches are somehow stuck in limbo (or at least I
have no idea where exactly).

To make matters worse I've throw part of the dri1 removal on top so can't
just revert because conflict galore.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch