[Intel-gfx] -nightly and -fixes status

Ben Widawsky ben at bwidawsk.net
Wed Jan 1 23:35:17 CET 2014

Hi Daniel, and welcome back.

Tomorrow I go on vacation, and since it's more or less the end of the
day for anyone still submitting or reviewing patches, I figured now is
as good a time as any to do this.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~bwidawsk/drm-intel/log/?h=drm-intel-fixes
got one patch, which I sent as a pull to Dave on the behest of Jani
(20140101182821.GA2032 at bwidawsk.net). Chris cc'd stable on a patch
which we both agree now (I think) should not really be CC stable.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~bwidawsk/drm-intel/log/?h=drm-intel-nightly
has quite a few patches which I've merged to try to unblock QA as much
as possible. The last 3 have no r-b, but have fixed bugs either locally,
or on bugs.fdo. More on this in the 'development' section. For QA, I
managed -nightly similar to how you do, where -nightly only has one
merge branch, "vacation-nightly."

The bug count unsurprisingly went up quite a bit due to the PPGTT
merged. At least one of these was caused by one of your patches. I've
tried assigning those to you where reasonable. Some of the others have
solutions in the description, and links on the mailing list. I think it
should be fairly easy to knock off quite a few bugs once you go through
them. Since you own the final patch merge decision, I didn't want to
touch the bug state.

On the development front, the patches requiring attention first are
mostly the fixes inspired by PPGTT from Chris and myself, mentioned
already above. I believe all but Chris' last series are in my
vacation-nightly. I merged all of the ones which either had review, or
were fairly trivial. I haven't seen anything that looks like a new bug
report as a result of these. This was mostly for the sake of QA, and
convenience; it's up to you how you want to manage it.

There were 3 series which need review/attention:
Vandana - Another spin of DRRS
Ben - 4GB GGTT support for BDW
Chris - Prevent duplicate binds with PPGTT

I took a quick look at Vandana's patches, and they all seem to have
review already.

My series needs rework based on the two fixes from Chris for
overindexing of the pt_pages array.

I started to review Chris' series, but seem to have checked out mentally
already.

I'll be back on the 8th if any questions still remain by then.

--
Ben Widawsky, Intel Open Source Technology Center