[Intel-gfx] Help to enable Iris Pro on Retina MBP 11.3

Lu, Ran hephooey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 22:14:30 CET 2014

Hi Jani,

As a matter of fact, I tried kernel from 3.9 to 3.13-rc6, all of them cannot
read the pci information from 0:2.0, and lspci do not have Iris Pro as a video
controller. I put in the attachment dmesg output from 3.12.6, I added some
printk to show the results from pci_bus_read_dev_vendor_id, otherwise it is a
vanilla kernel. I do not think I get any extra information by adding
drm.debug=0xe because the pci device is never registered properly, but it was
there anyway.The weird thing is grub can read pci device fine, I took a picture
since I do not know how to save outputs in grub console. I did some test with
another laptop with a working HD 4600. It seems even if I use setpci -s 0:2.0
4.b=0 to disable the device, it is still responsive to further setpci and I
can bring it back by setting 4.b=7. Now it does not look like the video card
is disable. I guess maybe something wrong in the ACPI table triggered the
kernel to read the wrong place. But still strange it only missed that
particular bus. In case you are interested, I also put the dsdt table in the
attachment, I can provide other tables if they are important.

--
Best Regards,
LR