[Intel-gfx] IGT conventions

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Jan 16 10:27:03 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> Anything you put out to stderr will be tracked as a "warn" in piglit. Atm
> we don't have any such use-case though I think, mostly since keeping
> unbuffer stderr and buffered stdout in sync is a pain ;-) But I guess we
> could formalize this a bit if you see it useful for you with a
>
> #define igt_warn(a...) fprintf(stderr, a)
>
> or something like that. Some of the checks in kms_flip.c might benefit
> from this, since on a lot of our platforms the rather stringent timing
> checks often fail randomly. But besides such corner-cases I kinda prefer
> if we just split up testcases more instead of trying to be really clever
> with the level of fail encounter and reported.

Actually if we put an fflush(stdout); before the fprintf then we would
not have any issues with buffered vs. unbuffered. And for consistency
maybe we could define igt_warn as just fputs and igt_warn_f as the
full printf thing.

If you think this is useful for your tests then I'll happily merge a
patch to add igt_warn*

Cheers, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch