[Intel-gfx] IEGD to xf86-video-intel

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Jan 16 15:00:26 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Ville Syrjälä
<ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 01:41:32PM +0100, Dragos Carp wrote:
>> Hi Jani,
>>
>> thank you for your response.
>> Attached is the dmesg output trimmed of more thousand lines like:
>> [drm:i915_irq_handler], pipe B underrun
>
> That's a bit weird. We're supposed to disable the underrun reporting
> after the first error. I guess the pipe state gets stuck somehow and
> it just keeps reporting the same error all the time...

Only on pch platforms, but not on gmch stuff. Those still lack a bit
of work to make them fit into the underrun reporting framework. And we
need to enable those underruns to be much louder ...
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch