[Intel-gfx] IGT conventions

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Jan 22 21:53:42 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 02:40:42PM -0600, Jeff McGee wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be anything like the exit handlers for running when
> a subtest exits. I need a failed subtest to be able to cleanup after
> itself to avoid contaminating subsequent subtests. Have I missed something?
> Perhaps this is not a problem when running subtests individually through
> piglit?

Yeah, the exit handlers only clean up when the entire test goes down, not
after each failed subtest. If you want more reliability you need to run
all the subtests individually (and maybe you even need to restart the
machine if something particularly bad happens).

> I guess one simple approach is to wrap igt_assert with the cleanup
> function, like the restore_assert that was originally used in pm_rps.

tbh I'm not sure whether this is worth catering for - imo better to invest
that time into getting a real android/igt testrunner going. For
development you can just run individual subtest only when hacking around,
for regression testing nothing really should fail after all ;-)
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch