[Intel-gfx] pin OABUFFER to GGTT

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Wed Jul 2 12:49:16 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 10:31:45AM +0000, Madajczak, Tomasz wrote:
> There isn't any secret or privacy in that OA buffer data - just
> results of performance counters, shown by tools such as GPA/ Vtune.

Chris alludes to the fact that if there's a way for one application to
gather data about other applications (whatever kind of data), that's an
automatic security concern.

One may think that's only very theoretical, but the side channel attacks
are (surpringly) real and effective. It cannot be proven easily that
exposing data about other contexes is totally secure.

There are ways around that however. If only root can gather that data, I
think we've contained the issue enough for the case at hand?

--
Damien