[Intel-gfx] startx on Fedora died today

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 10:43:09 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 07/11/2014 08:22 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 09:09:31PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
>> F21 branched off Rawhide over recent hours. On i945G host gx62b I
>> cloned first, then upgraded one to current F21 state and the other
>> to Rawhide. Before today's upgrade, which moved server from
>> 1.15.99.903 to 1.15.99.904 on both, and kernel from rc4git0.1 to
>> rc4git2.1, booting first to multi-user, startx was working normally.
>> Now it won't[1], though X (KDM/KDE) does work by booting to
>> graphical instead of multi-user[2].
>>
>> Is this an already known driver problem? Server? Kernel?
>
> The difference being when it crashed it tried to open the logind fd. This
> is a server bug - it looks like the recent non-pci platform device
> conflicts with the systemd integration.

Yes, pretty literary conflicts, they re-used an existing
ODEV_ATTRIB id for a new one they used (probably an innocent rebase
error).

I've just send a fix to the xorg-devel list for this, and I'm starting
a new Fedora rawhide / F-21 server build with this fix included.

I've attached the fix here for reference.

Regards,

Hans