[Intel-gfx] Running DRI3 on intel-gfx

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Fri Jun 6 17:47:41 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 06:58:47PM +0200, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> How do I see if DRI3 is enabled for mesa on my SandyBridge intel-gfxcard?
>
> glxinfo log-file attached...
>
>     $ LC_ALL=C LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo 2> /dev/null > /tmp/glxinfo.txt

You threw out the information you wanted by redirecting the debug output
to /dev/null. :-)

$ LC_ALL=C LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo >/dev/null
libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
libGL: pci id for fd 4: 8086:0d26, driver i965

I didn't realize that LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose would report that. It would
have been handy to know when I was trying to figure out the same thing a
few weeks ago.

Jamey