[Intel-gfx] Partial success - Fixing resume from s2ram on S6010

Thomas Richter thor at math.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 9 13:19:46 CEST 2014

Am 09.06.2014 13:08, schrieb Ville Syrjälä
> No, we do restore the mode you were using before suspend.
>
> Are you still using vbetool? That would explain why things go bad since
> vbetool will clobber whatever i915 already did.

No, vbetool is out of the equation (see the script attached to the
and the ns2501 DVO set before and after the suspend, and they are pretty
different. As said, the 830 is configured
to use a 640x480 mode (instead of the 1024x786 mode) and the DVO is off.

Maybe the kernel tries to mode-detect the connected monitor, and this
fails because the PLLs are not yet
configured correctly? Note that the ns2501 requires a correctly
configured DVO to be able to respond on
the i2c bus. If so, mode-detection requires configuring the PLLs to
*some* useful mode before attempting
to detect anything, otherwise the DVO just plays "dead".

Greetings,
     Thomas