[Intel-gfx] Partial success - Fixing resume from s2ram on S6010

Thomas Richter thor at math.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 9 14:57:39 CEST 2014

Am 09.06.2014 13:31, schrieb Ville Syrjälä:

> So now you're using acpi_sleep=s3_bios, or nothing?

Ok, tried now with acpi_sleep=s3. Unfortunately, this hangs the machine
completely during resume, I cannot even ping it.

Then, I tried the same trick again, namely unloading the i915 module
before the resume, reloading it after the resume. This worked
flawlessly, display came back without requiring any quirks, even with
the state the bios left the hardware in.

Note again that this is different for the resume from acpi_sleep=s3 or
'nothing', where I can restore the display (though the result is a hick-up).

If there is another deadlock in i915 (not unlikely) I cannot debug it
this way, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, the S6010 does not have a serial port to redirect the
console to. I can only use the netconsole, though this reveals nothing.
Probably the deadlock happens before the is enabled.

Greetings,
	Thomas