[Intel-gfx] VGA1 output no longer detected on IBM R31/i830

Thomas Richter richter at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Jun 15 21:38:49 CEST 2014

Am 15.06.2014 14:26, schrieb Ville Syrjälä:

> We all know nightly is rather broken with 830. Nothing new here. I
> suggest just trying my alm_fixes5 branch.

Excuse my ignorance, but there is something I do not get. There are
patches that are tested and working. Having them in an off-side
repository does not help users at all, so what stops anyone from either
applying these patches to the kernel, or alternatively removing the
830/845 support from the current i915 driver and create a separate i830
driver from the current sources with the patches applied?

The linux i830 kernel support should be working, and not in the broken
state it is right now - the current state of the affair is not very helpful.

Thanks for keeping the repository, but that's not a solution, at least
not for most of the remaining users of old hardware.

So long,
	Thomas