[Intel-gfx] xf86-video-intel-2.99.912 with dri3 enabled breaks gnome-shell

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 14:36:44 CEST 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 23:16 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While preparing 1.15.99.903 server + 2.99.912 intel drv packages
> for Fedora 21, I noticed that both gdm and gnome-shell (tested
> with startx) hang, they show the initial background screen and
> then just sit there.
>
> Building the server with --disable-dri3, or building the
> intel drv with a hacked configure.ac to make it not build
> with dri3 support fixes this.
>
> Note this is with mesa 10.2.1, which has been build with xgl-dri3
> support, I've double checked this.

Hi Hans!
Have you got to the bottom of this?  I see the same thing, and also
possibly with GLX contexts under XWayland also with gnome-shell.  If
it's the same thing, it points to the mesa i965 DRI(3) driver side
rather than the DDX driver since it's not involved any more with
XWayland.

(using git master or latest unstable releases of relevant components)