[Intel-gfx] brix pro + dell UP3214Q, 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Wed Mar 5 01:22:04 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 01:12:03AM +0100, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> I can't see anything about MST on the spec tab on the website.
> the only thing is that you have to use DP1.2 for 60Hz.
>
> the note on that line is.

And this is a confusing statement that could either mean:
  - It needs HBR2 (the 'new' link speed in DP 1.2 that is enough for
    4k at 60fps)
  - It needs DP MST (part of DP 1.2 as well)

It seems that most (if not all) current 4k DP displays are "tiled"
display, needing MST to drive the two parts of the screen.

--
Damien