[Intel-gfx] brix pro + dell UP3214Q, 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz

Kenneth Johansson ken at kenjo.org
Wed Mar 5 01:46:35 CET 2014

On 2014-03-05 01:27, Damien Lespiau wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 01:12:03AM +0100, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
>> I can't see anything about MST on the spec tab on the website.
>> the only thing is that you have to use DP1.2 for 60Hz.
>>
>> the note on that line is.
> Ah, found the definitive source. The monitor manual...
>
> "To display 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz, DP1.2 must be enabled and the DP
> source’s graphics card must be DP1.2 certified with MST feature, capable
> of supporting resolution up to 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz and its driver
> supports DisplayID v1.3."
>
> So not only we need DP MST, but we also need DisplayID.
>
> ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_Display/dell-up2414q_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Ok then, So now we know that its not currently going to work:(. that was
a disappointment as I did some research to make sure that both the
computer and monitor would work as booth intel and dell claim 4k 60Hz on
dp1.2.

clearly the monitor is never going to support HBR2 since they say MST
must be used so it's probably a hardware limitation.

Now the question is  is it possible to make the i7 4770R chip(I guess
its another chip doing the displayport  stuff the cpu is only the gfx
accellerator right) support MST and DisplayID . And if so what is needed
in the driver to make that happen.