[Intel-gfx] [RFC 1/1] drm/i915: Added support for setting plane alpha through drm property

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Thu Mar 6 13:03:07 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 09:14:41PM +0530, Sagar Arun Kamble wrote:
> Gentle Reminder !!!
> Kindly review and provide feedback

This main issue here is that we don't have yet the split between the
CRTC and the primary plane in the DRM API.

Why is this a problem? because you need to define a 'plane-alpha'
property on the CRTC and we'll have to maintain it forever and we don't
really want that when a neat split between the CRTC and primary plane is
not far off.

Work is ongoing on this, Matt bravely took the task:

  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2014-February/054719.html

With a v2 in the queue.

I believe we need to sort this first, before adding more plane properties.

--
Damien