[Intel-gfx] i915 KMS interferes with nVidia card

Ben Johnson intel-gfx at geekamole.com
Mon Mar 17 00:25:53 CET 2014

On 03/16/2014 07:13 AM, Bruno Prémont wrote:
> Wild guess, maybe you would have some more chances of success if the nvidia
> was the GPU with active VGA bits (e.g. telling vga-arbitration to have
> nvidia card active/primary).
>
> That way the nvidia blob would have best changes of living in a tested
> environment and i915 hopefully being able to do its work anyway.
>
> Bruno

I read/skimmed Documentation/vgaarbiter.txt and googled for a while but
it's not clear to me how to do what you are suggesting. Do you mean to
write something to /dev/vga_arbiter? This is what it has with just the
nvidia module loaded:

/ # head -n 1 /dev/vga_arbiter
count:1,PCI:0000:01:00.0,decodes=none,owns=none,locks=none(0:0)

-Ben