[Intel-gfx] v3.14-rc7: Backlight control broken on Dell XPS13

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Mon Mar 17 14:44:51 CET 2014

Please never just send a mail to maintainers, always cc mailing lists.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Romain Francoise <romain at orebokech.com> wrote:
> Moving from v3.13 to v3.14-rc7 breaks backlight control on my Dell
> XPS13, which I assume is because of this change:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/linus/bc0bb9fd1c7810407ab810d204bbaecb255fddde
>
> Is this right? Is backlight supposed to work correctly without the quirk
> now?

Yeah, it should work without the quirk. Have you tested with the patch
reverted to confirm that it's indeed this commit and not something
else (e.g. in the acpi code)?
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch