[Intel-gfx] Question about reduce power consumption for Intel graphic on baytrail platform

Lu, Ken ken.lu at intel.com
Fri Mar 21 18:39:36 CET 2014

Hello,
                I am sorry for asking specific question about power consumption on baytrail-M platform.

                We found the power consumption of baytrail-M graphic is bigger under Linux(kernel 3.13) than under windows for playing video 1080p.
                My question: Is there any other way to reduce power consumption for baytrail-M HD graphic beside following general boot options:

*         i915.i915_enable_rc6=1

*         i915.i915_enable_fbc=1

*         i915.lvds_downclock=1

I will appreciate if someone could help or tell us the correct person for contact.

Best Regard
Ken
Intel Education