[Intel-gfx] PROBLEM: i915 Haswell KMS wrong maximum resolution

Kenneth de Mello kdemello1980 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:54:48 CET 2014

On my system, the maximum resolution of my monitor, 2560x1440, is no longer
automatically detected properly with kernel 3.13.7.   This worked with
3.13.6, and 5 with this hardware and identical kernel configs.    Now the
autodetected resolution is 1920x1080.

The monitor is plugged into the DVI port on my motherboard.

My system:

- i7-4770 (non-K) CPU
- asrock z87 extreme6 motherboard
- Dell U2711 monitor

The integrated graphics adapter is configured as the primary in the BIOS,
and the discreet card is passed through to a Xen guest.   Kernel 3.13.7
mis-detects the resolution regardless if it is being booted with Xen or
without it (and previous versions worked as expected).  More detailed
system information is attached.

I don't notice any unusual messages, other than the wrong resolution.

Steps to reproduce:  Boot with kernel 3.13.7 (with or without Xen)

I'd be happy to provide more detail if required.

Thanks,