[Intel-gfx] Install latest driver on Ubuntu 12.04

Gustavo Duarte gus.duarte at gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:20:11 CEST 2014

Hi folks,

I'm having troubles when capturing video with guvcview, in a random way the
Xorg server crashes and the session is restarted.

I reported this issue on xorg bugzilla and  and they suggest me install the
latest intel - video driver.

The problem is that Intel doesn't have the installer of the latest driver
for Ubuntu 12.04.  Ubuntu 12.04 was deprecated for they, thing sounds
reasonable.

So the alternative that I have:

1) Install the driver from source.

2) Request to Ubuntu 12.04 developers an update of this driver.

3) Something else (Upgrade the distribution isn't an alternative).

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo.