[Intel-gfx] 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE support for more resolution and external display

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat May 10 00:05:48 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-09 16:25 (GMT-0400) Brandon composed:

> I have an old laptop with on board 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 03) which only has 640x480 available using the xf86-video-intel v2.99.911 driver with xorg-server 1.15.1. Â Additionally, I cannot use an external monitor attached to the onboard VGA out which I know is good since I can use it under another OS. Â Is this old chipset still supported?

The 845G has consistently been a thorn in developers and users' sides since new, but
it still works here in post-14.x versions from Fedora, Mandriva and openSUSE at
least. Here's a log from a freshly updated Rawhide system on a 1600x1200 CRT:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/xorg.0.log-gx260-i845G-fc21-1405

Note that it's not from a laptop, so only has one real video output. And, it is
configured via xorg.conf, not automagic.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/